MBP 2010 Boot Camp Version?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ssn637, Apr 14, 2010.

1. ssn637 macrumors 6502

Can anyone who's got their hands on a new MBP recovery installation DVD and a Boot Camp partition let us know which version of Boot Camp is available? Has Boot Camp V3.1 been integrated into a single installation file? Or even been updated to a version 3.2?
    And since I'm particularly interested in the new MBP 13" model, could someone with this notebook please report the default core clock and shader frequencies of the NVidia 320M GPU? Are there any benchmarks available for this graphics card compared with the 9400M? I'd love to confirm that it's twice as fast before taking the plunge. Thanks!

2. caoxiang macrumors newbie

I have the same question. Are they going to release a new bootcamp or the old one should work?

3. hajime macrumors 68030

I think Apple should provide drivers for the new hardware. Don't have the computer with me yet.

4. ssn637 thread starter macrumors 6502

Someone who was lucky enough to get his hands on the 13" model (my delivery date is 4 May!) reported the following:

BootCamp Version 3.1

NVidia 320M Clock Frequencies 450/950 MHz

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=897364

The NVidia 320M driver can only be found in the BootCamp installation provided with the recovery DVD. Even a description of this GPU can't be found on the NVidia web site yet.