MBP 2010 dead. Need serious help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by boujaw, Aug 24, 2015.

1. boujaw macrumors newbie

Hi, i need some serious help i'm kind of desperate!

So i was trying to reset my MBP and somehow i deleted everything! Now when i boot up my MBP i just see a folder with a "?" on it! I don't have another Mac so i can't download anything from the Appstore, nor disk recovery, nor anything, i just have a Windows PC.

So far i've tried:

- Internet recovery: does not work, i get 10 diferent -xxxx erros. I've changed my security to WPA/WPA2: error. I've tried different networks in diferent houses: error. I've tried a ethernet cable: error. Whatever i seem to do with internet recovery i keep on getting some sort of apple error.

- USB bootable disk: i've downloaded Mountain Lion and Mavericks, booted a 250gb HD with both of them with Transmac on Windows, but i keep on getting a prohibitory sign. the only .dmg that seems to work is yosemite zone but i gets frozen halfway at 50%. I can't do cmd+L stuff nothing appears.

I can't do anything with the MBP it's just a brick in the living room! Where i live there are no Geniuses Stores or Apple Stores!

Help is much apreciated!

2. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

You don't have the restore disks? Can you contact Apple and order them?

3. Fishrrman macrumors G5

Fishrrman

OP wrote:
    "Took me two weeks of research to get it working! Mac's are user friendly.....yeah right!"

IF you had had a bootable cloned external backup drive (created with either CarbonCopyCloner or SuperDuper), you would have been back up and running in two MINUTES, instead of two weeks...