Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The-Pro

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 2, 2010
Germany
Good evening users,

I noticed this over 2 years ago but I always forgot to ask about it :D
I used to run win xp, then vista and since a year I bootcamp to Win7 ultimate 64 bit.
I have always had GPU-z installed, a program to monitor the GPU and give you detailed information about the GPU (for those who dont know it)
Under the bus interface section it says PCI-E 2.0x16 @ x16 1.1. a small pop up window when I leave my mouse there says that the card is capable of running PCI-E 2.0 but it uses PCI-E 1.1. Clicking on the ? next to it tells me stuff about power saving features etc and that running the render test should make the card use the the PCI-E 2.0. However no matter how long the render test is running, the readout from GPU-Z doesn't change. When gaming, it also reports its using 1.1
I have found several tests of the 2010 15" MBP in which there are screenshots of GPU-z and on all of them it just says PCI-E 2.0x16 @ x16. The card seems to be running in PCI-E 2.0, not like mine.

Can someone install GPU-z on their machine, same model, and tell me your bus interface readout??? I dont understand why its running at pcie 1.1.
Does anyone have an idea why this is the case?

Cheers people

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    831.8 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

The-Pro

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 2, 2010
Germany
I haven't tried the test lol I do a lot of stuff on mine and I havent noticed anything.

ahh ok.
ive been using mine like this when gaming and everything. Never noticed it being to slow or anything.
I was just wondering why its the way it is :D
3dmark 05 does score nearly 2000 less on mine than on others with identical machines

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.