MBP 2010: the dislikes !

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hassoon, Apr 23, 2010.

1. hassoon macrumors regular

okay, i wanna get the new macbook pro, so if anyone found something that he dislikes in his notebook like dead pixels, some deforms in the laptop, weird sounds please post it..! ( i'm tired of searching every thread for dislikes, that's why i posted the thread to group them in one place) :apple:

2. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

This is my first Unibody MBP, but I really dislike having all my ports jammed onto the left side of the unit. That side of my desk looks like a deformed octopus right now.

Otherwise, I'm quite happy with it.

3. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

That's a weird request taking into consideration that you do want a MBP 2010. If other people have problems, doesn't necessarily mean you would too. There aren't any major issues plaguing these new computers yet. I suggest you just go ahead and buy one, in the unfortunate event that you find a problem, have it returned to Apple for a new one.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

5. hassoon thread starter macrumors regular

the problem is that there's no Apple Store in my country. we only have Apple Premium Authorized Resellers, and i don't think they will replace a macbook or something ! plus the macbook's are over priced over here due to shipping and stuff.. so am not ready to pay 2K+ for a macbook and found out later that it's deformed ! thx for the reply anyway..

6. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

There's no country in the world to my knowledge that sells Apple products and denies returns / replacements if defective. That's illegal provided you're not buying it from a private seller who decides the return policy (eg. on eBay).

Let's say you get to know about all the problems, then buy a MBP and find a problem - what will you do then ?

7. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

That't not a 2010 MBP thing, It's been that way since the first unibodies.

8. iamrawr macrumors 6502

iamrawr

the graphic cards are a problem. could be much better.
    should we blame the dispute between intel and nVidia?

9. eazyc10 macrumors member

I second the gfx switching issue. I opened up chrome and it was using the 330m and then opened up safari and it was using the intel.

This directly impacts battery life and while I haven't had a good chance to test battery life, my first use off ac power did not live up to the 8-9 hours as advertised. And this is with basic internet usage and screen dimmed. We'll see after the calibration if it acts better.

10. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

@hassoon if it is a european country. Just order online. By law you have 2 weeks to reverse the purchase and when you get the packet you are allowed to test the product as you would in a store. There is no restocking fee like they have in America of 10%, which is quite high.
    The only thing you have to pay is shipping but if it is free shipping all you pay is one way.

11. tekmoe macrumors 68000

Quit being a db and let the guy post. Jeez man, nothing better to do than jump on someone the second they post a new thread?

12. Pavia macrumors regular

Rather clever of Apple to put all of them on the left side. As the majority is right handed, there won't be any cords to disrupt your mouse movements, if you are using one.

13. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

14. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

it's still illegal from private sellers, if the item is not as advertised, then they legally have to refund or replace the item, obviously if they sold it to you with the listing saying "Superdrive not functioning" then you got it and complained that the Superdrive was not working, you have no legs to stand on. but if it was sold stating it's in perfect working order, and turned up with dead pixels, they have not sent you what you purchased, which is illegal...

they may think they can say "no returns" but the Sale of Goods Act trumps this statement.

15. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

I dislike almost nothing about mine.

If pushed I'd say the hard drive is a bit slow and drags on the speedy i7, but that's nothing a SSD can't fix.

16. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a

Biggest problem is really the GPU, 2nd biggest is in Bootcamp there is no Optimus switching.

if you are gonna make me suffer thru an inferior nvdidia graphics card, at least give me optimus for cooling/battery management

17. paintballswimgu macrumors 6502

i really like mine, I LOVE the hires antiglare.
    I wish i could force it to use integrated graphics, instead of switching constantly and draining the battery quickly.