MBP 2011 13" Lag!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Almufid, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Almufid macrumors newbie

Hello guys,

So I just installed Battlefield BC2 on my Macbook Pro 13" i5 and running it with the lowest specs, like 1024x768 and settings set to low, it is laggy. I am wondering why, because I used to run the very same game on my MBP 13" 2,4 Core 2 duo, with the highest resolution and graphic settings set to medium.

Can the change of graphic card really be so bad and make this big a difference? Or could this be somekind of software related problem?

Thanks in advance! :D

2. .Max. macrumors member

.Max.

Im guessing yeah, removing the descrete graphics card decreased the performance in games... And wrong section btw :D

3. rkheyfets macrumors regular

Yes the video card in the older MPB is that much better...

4. Almufid thread starter macrumors newbie

Wouldn't make sense. Besides that, it is running smooth in single player with almost highest specs. Just multiplayer that's being weird o_O

5. Mr. Savage macrumors regular

Mr. Savage

Just so you know: You're in the MacBook Air forum. ;0

6. Almufid thread starter macrumors newbie

Ment to post this on MBP forum, so admin will just have to move it.

Yea, but rkhey, overall it's almost the same. This is a MAJOR difference. It's laggy as hell on lowest specs even though it ran smoothly with almost highest on old MBP.

But I just realized it only does that while playing multiplayer. So perhaps it's related to the game..

7. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I am glad it's in this MBA forum. It should show MBA users that their 320m is a heck of a lot more important paired with an older C2D than a new Core i5/7 with its own Intel crap graphics aka IGP HD3000.

We are all the losers thanks to Intel's anti-competitive moves and we should all pray the justice department isn't done looking at it. The Nvidia GPU chipsets provide a much better total system package even with the so called slower C2D CPUs. There is a reason why Intel pushed Nvidia out, and it was so Apple finally was forced to buy Intel's chipsets with worthless graphics non-solution.

I expect many more problems to come with the Intel crapgraphics. We all should hope AMD offers Apple an "out" by offering Apple a win-win solution via an AMD CPU/GPU or an AMD discrete GPU for Apple's 13" Mac notebooks.

We might be better off with C2D and Nvidia 320m in the next update, lol. Bump the storage sizes, bump the RAM, add Thunderbolt, and offer a backlit keyboard... Call it the update we deserve, as I would Love it regardless of lack of Core I-series CPUs. We have actually seen this type of update twice in a row from Apple, so no reason it couldn't happen again, lol.

8. rkheyfets macrumors regular

In some games the difference is HUGE, but if like you say the lag is in multi player i would say it might be your router/internet connection,
    also did it work well in multi on the 2010 MBP

9. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

I think it's cool to have this thread here :cool:

10. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I don't believe u. Sandy bridge processor is the god according to many fanboys. It must run everything at max. Sandy bridge is a god. 320M is just a utter garbage just like core 2 DUO.

Intel HD 3000 is more than capable because sandy backs it up.
    That's what they said. Now, I hope they burn and suffer.

11. Almufid thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup Rkhey.. It ran smoothly in both single and multiplayer on MBP 2010. Besides, my ping is very low, and it doesn't make any sense, that the multiplayer is laggy and not playable at low specs, while the single player runs smoothly at high specs.

Anyways, I tried EA online chat, and they told me to update my drivers and told me to check out canyourunit, to see if I am able to run the game -.-.. Didn't help at all.

If someone on the forum has the MBP 2011 13" i5, I would really appreciate if they could try running this game on their machines. Until then, it's kinda unknown what the cause is ..

Thanks for the replies though.

12. ImaITGuy, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011

ImaITGuy macrumors newbie

I have a 13" MBP ( new model ) I will get the game for MAC and check it out. I am a big xbox360 player and love it on the console. - though I have upgraded my drive to a Corsair C300 SSD drive.

Will follow up after work today or may just take my mac to work and play the day away! LOL

As a comparison I also have a Dell 15r ( Core i5 4GB DDR Radeon 5470 )