MBP 2011 battery calibration error

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xdbuix, Apr 23, 2011.

1. xdbuix macrumors 6502

I have done a battery calibration on my new 15 MBP. Usually, when it runs out of power, it goes to sleep, and when I charge it up, everything is back to what I was using. However this time, my MBP was not connecting to my network and the date was set to Dec 2000. So i looked up my network password in keychain access. When keychain access asked for my password, it would say access denied. I restarted the computer, same thing no network, nor keychain, and weird date. After about the 4th or 5th restart, i was able to check keychain access without the access denied and able to set up my networking again.

I am just wondering if this is a common error or is it something I should be worried about.

2. dyrer macrumors member

dyrer

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Resetting NVRAM will result in loss of date information, so it sounds like something caused NVRAM to be cleared. It's not a normal occurrence when calibrating properly, and it shouldn't happen again. I wouldn't worry about it unless it's happening frequently. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
    It has nothing to do with airport.