MBP 2011 black screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by khalin, Mar 3, 2012.

1. khalin macrumors newbie

After only 3 months of use, the screen got black.
    Rebooting it doesn't help at all, plays the starting sound but the screen stays black.
    Now I need to send it to Apple to fix it.
    I am extremely disappointed. For a $2k computer to break after 3 months is unacceptable.
    My 4 years old Lenovo works just fine ... it's just sad.

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Computers can have problems - you can make a 10K + Mac Pro and it may be DOA.

Hope its fixed quick and you dont have any more problems.

3. khalin thread starter macrumors newbie

The thing is now I am forced to put all my projects on hold until it gets fixed. The reason I got MBP was reliability. I didn't want to get a DELL/HP/LENOVO because of that. It looks like I was completely wrong.

If I pay $500 for a Toshiba when I breaks I don't mind, but $2K for what is supposed to be a top of the line computer which breaks down in 3 months is just pathetic.

This is not the only complain that I have with MBP, some keys have a cracking sound when pressed, it overheats even when playing Skype and so on ...

4. khalin thread starter macrumors newbie

Update

Here is an update. The lank screen issue has been fixed by Apple Care by replacing the logic board (which I think means the motherboard).
    Now there is another problem, the screen flickers when it's on the Discrete video card.

My 2K laptop needs another repair which again is absolutely pathetic.

5. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Bad luck, maybe explain to Apple the effect that this is having on your business. They might be willing to exchange the computer.

6. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

+1 Sounds as though you were unfortunate to get a lemon. Happens with expensive cars too but in saying that, it doesn't help your situation. I feel your pain and frustration. As NutsNGum said, try and hit them up for a replacement as you can't afford the downtime again. :(

7. Ohrstrom macrumors 6502

Ohrstrom

Im sorry for your troubles but really, just because you purchase a quality item from a major brand doesnt mean that all potential errors or production issues are non existant. Usually if your item is faulty after 1 or 2 repairs you can have it exchanged, depending a bit on the person who handles your repairs I believe. In sweden I think if an item still has issues after 3 repairs you are by law allowed to have it replaced or anull the purchase. I dare say that its not uncommon that some service handlers offer this after 2 repairs. Good luck ether way.