MBP (2011) - HDMI (no video)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JoaoF, Aug 19, 2011.

1. JoaoF macrumors member

Hey! Since I upgraded my MBP (2011) to Lion I can't manage to get it to work with my Philips HDTV. I connect it using an mini port/HDMI adaptor since SL and it used to work. Is there any solution?

EDIT: I've upgraded to 10.7.1 and the problem is still here.

2. basher macrumors 6502

basher

I just discovered I have the ame issue. HDMI with mt MBP worked flawlessly under SL.

3. ASed, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011

ASed macrumors newbie

Same here, worked flawlessly for about a year with SL (MBP2010).. upgraded to Lion and now it's not working.. the strange thing is that I was able to get it to work once after having reset the PRAM but since then no luck. I am really annoyed by this, the only workaround I have found is to use a friend's DVI to miniDP cable and a HDMI-DVI cable.

Let me know if you find a fix,

Good day!

4. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

No problem with my 2011 MBP with Samsung TV. Worked with SL and Lion.

5. Wattser93 macrumors regular

Go to your "Audio MIDI Setup" in your utilities, then pick 48,000 HZ, 16 bit, and see if that works. If not, try 44,100 Hz, 16 bit.

Whichever one works, try the 20 bit version, and the 24 bit version, and see which one out of the three, 16, 20, and 24, plays without audio clipping and crappy sound, you'll know it when you hear it. Also make sure your media player (I use VLC) is set to HDMI auio output, but not encoded. Your volume control in the menu bar should be grayed out letting you know the audio is being outputted externally.

That is the only way I've been able to get my audio to work properly through HDMI since upgrading to Lion. I fought the same thing about 3 weeks ago and it took quite awhile for me to figure it out.