MBP 2011 Headphone Jack Lag?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Whitelightning, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Whitelightning macrumors regular

After plugging headphones into already playing audio out of speakers, there is a delay of about 3 seconds before the sound stops coming out of the speakers and goes into the headphone jack. Is that normal?

2. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Yes, I do believe that this is same with everyone.
    One interesting fact is that when I do the same in Windows partition, it works instantly. Anyone has the fix or is this a permanent bug?

3. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

It seems to be sporadic in my case. Sometimes it will switchover instantly, sometimes it will lag a bit.

4. Primetime89 macrumors member

+1 to have this issue...

i dont think much of it though.

5. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8F190)

Don't worry it's normal

6. grahamnp macrumors 6502a

Yes I think this is normal with any audio output. In addition to the problem you're facing, I get it when switching between USB and integrated audio.

7. Primetime89 macrumors member

Just had a weird issue where I was getting no sound after I pulled my headphones out. Had to plug my headphones in and then pull them out again. It didn't detect I pulled them out I guess.

I also posted a thread a while back asking if anyone thought their jack was overly tight (to the point where I feel it's damaging my headphones trying to pull it out).

I feel there's a bit of a quality issue with the jack.