mbp 2011 help plz

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by akaparkd0, Dec 1, 2010.

  1. akaparkd0 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2010
    #1
    i used to use macbook and change it to windnow a yr ago. now im trying to go back to mac. i actually bought a mbp15" lowest tier a few days ago w/o knowing that it'll be updated soon (obviously...).
    i know nobody knows and there will be only speculations and guesses, but i really need your educated and experienced opinions. im thinking about returning my new mbp. it's still in the box in intact condition and i just could not open it after so many say you cant be more idiotic buying mbp now!
    so, lets say i have read about 200 threads on this topic and lets disregard uneducated guesses w/o any reasonable ground. when do you think updated mbp will come out in 2011. and should i just keep mbp15" i bought or return and wait for the undated one?
    help plz i used to use macbook and change it to windnow a yr ago. now im trying to go back to mac. i actually bought a mbp15" lowest tier a few days ago w/o knowing that it'll be updated soon (obviously...).
    i know nobody knows and there will be only speculations and guesses, but i really need your educated and experienced opinions. im thinking about returning my new mbp. it's still in the box in intact condition and i just could not open it after so many say you cant be more idiotic buying mbp now!
    so, lets say i have read about 200 threads on this topic and lets disregard uneducated guesses w/o any reasonable ground. when do you think updated mbp will come out in 2011. and should i just keep mbp15" i bought or return and wait for the undated one?
    help plz
     
  2. tjb1 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2010
    Location:
    Pennsylvania, USA
    #2
    Well since no one knows all you will get is guesses...another pointless thread just like the other 200 you "read"...
     
  3. simsaladimbamba

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2010
    Location:
    located
    #3
    Even if this is the 201st thread, the guesses will not be any better.
    And it could be, that the current generation of MBPs does fully satisfy your needs regarding computers. But if you feel better to have the newest technology and don't have a problem to wait another one to four months, then go for it.
    Btw, the current MBP is a capable machine, able to run multiple instances of many windows of Facebook.
    Even if this is the 202nd thread, the guesses will not be any better.
    And it could be, that the current generation of MBPs does fully satisfy your needs regarding computers. But if you feel better to have the newest technology and don't have a problem to wait another one to four months, then go for it.
    Btw, the current MBP is a capable machine, able to run multiple instances of many windows of Facebook.
     
  4. akaparkd0, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010

    akaparkd0 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2010
    #4
    re

    just asking your opinion on whether you would return or keep... and also i wonder how much difference there would be after update... maybe that difference makes it not worth waiting about 4-6months...or not...
    thanks for your opinion btw
     
  5. simsaladimbamba

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2010
    Location:
    located
    #5
    We don't know for sure what the update includes and as you haven't stated your needs in a computer, we can't really tell. So with any of these threads (buy now or wait): Buy / Use NOW, if you need NOW. Wait, if you can wait.
     
  6. elpmas macrumors 68000

    elpmas

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2009
    Location:
    Where the fresh snow don't go.
    #6
    If you need it now, keep it and sell it when the new one comes out. If you can wait and in the time frame to return the mbp, do that. goodluck :]
     
  7. tjb1 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2010
    Location:
    Pennsylvania, USA
    #7
    You would have your answer to every question if you would have read those 200 threads...
     
  8. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2009
    #8
    I can honestly say with 100% certainty that the next MBP's will be newer and different than the one you currently have. I haven't been wrong yet. (It's a gift I guess).
     
  9. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

    ECUpirate44

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2010
    Location:
    NC
    #9
    What are you 5? Make that decision for yourself. If the computer suits your needs now and will for years to come, then buy now. If you wouldnt mind waiting a few months for a spec bump and possibly a loss of optical drive then wait for sandy bridge.
     
  10. skiltrip macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    May 6, 2010
    Location:
    New York
    #10
    The MacBook Pro you just bought is awesome. Don't be a fool and start second guessing yourself. Open the thing and use it. I WISH I had your laptop instead of my base model 13". There's ALWAYS better, and better will always be around the corner. You could also wait until 2014 to get an even better model, but do you want to do that?

    Stop crying and just use it! That base 15" is an incredible machine.
     
  11. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2009
    #11
    I'd actually recommend buying NOW if a person values HDD space for the current pricing. The next models will lose drive capacity and most likely cost more.

    P.S. At least the OP can denote feet and inches properly unlike your sig.
     
  12. shyam09 macrumors 68000

    shyam09

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2010
    #12
    did you guys know that the day after the new MBP product launch a new one will come out, and thats going to happen over and over again...
    what i mean by that, is Apple will constantly be developing technology and adding it to the MBP lines. IMHO i think that the current gen is much better. sure there isn't Sandy Bridge, and the newer GPU and Light Peak, but 1. no one knows if light peak will be available , 2. what will the diff. be between sandybridge and current i processors (there will be some, but not a huge stretch) 3. Apple isn't gonna put a quad core :( :grumble:


    you want the best advice man? open it up and USE it. technology is rapidly improving and sometimes you have to sacrifice. open it up and use it, why not. then when the new OSX Lion comes out, buy an SSD (an intel probably!- it should be slightly cheaper on black friday?) and there you go! goood as new computer, thats BETTER than most new gen technology (most not all) just keep what you have and be happy. i was in the same dilemma, particularly because of my dad. He wanted to buy one right now, then he wanted to wait until the new gen comes out, and then after looking up a lot f info of the new gen, he wanted the 13" and then after looking up stuff for the 13": he wants the 15" [note i did the research and all as it was me who was getting it]
     
  13. skate71290 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2009
    Location:
    UK
    #13
    What are you talking about? " is inches and ' is feet.... and yes if you, like me value HDD space for minimum price i would get a MBP now (or this generation) because i see the next ones going the way of the MBA (SSD - soldered)
     
  14. tjb1 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2010
    Location:
    Pennsylvania, USA
    #14
    He was talking about ECUPirate44 - 15' MBP 2.66 GHz Core i7, 4GB Ram, 500 GB HDD @7200 RPM, High Res Glossy Screen
    ipod Touch 4th Generation
     
  15. skiltrip macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    May 6, 2010
    Location:
    New York
    #15
    Some people think the 15 foot MBP is a bit overkill. I think it would look good in the corner of my airplane hanger though.
     
  16. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2009
    #16
    Yep. Either a big price bump ahead, lower storage capacity or both. Plus, probably no Optical drive. The only reason I'd consider it is if they put some some serious "Pro" in the 13 incher like a considerably faster CPU/GPU. But that's not likely going to happen.

    Even when Steve smiles and beams proudly as he dangles a "free" $70 external OD to go along with it, that still won't entice me to pay upwards of an extra $350 for tons less drive capacity (albeit faster).
     
  17. croooow macrumors 65816

    croooow

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2004
    #17
    I think the 17 foot MBP is way too big, I am going for the 15 foot MBP which is just right, but they should remove the optical drive, I hate the extra weight!
     
  18. croooow macrumors 65816

    croooow

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2004
    #18
    After reading all those threads I think you would have seen as best a guess as anyone here can give you.

    Only those in Apple will know for sure. They could announce one right before Christmas, they could keep the current line up until October/November 2012 (Neither is likely, but both are technically possible as Apple does not have to do anything. The most common guess is either Jan/Feb 2011 or April 2011, but again, Apple does not have to go with this.)

    If you can wait, return it and then wait until April 30th 2011, then if it's the same line up, wait some more. Then buy one when you feel you really need it.

    I'm going to order one soon, no matter when I buy there will always be a newer one soon enough. I'm not going to upgrade each time.
     

Share This Page