Mbp 2011 or go for 2012?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mediahuset, Sep 26, 2011.

1. mediahuset, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011

mediahuset macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Just bought the 13 inch mbp, will arrive tomorrow but started to think that i might send it back to get the 15 inch instead while im at it.. but does anyone know what the real difference between the two highres screens are? is it just matte and glossy thats the difference??

Also.. when i started to think i might as well wait for the 2012 mbp.. love mac but never been a laptop user.. so my question is.. do you think it would be safe to go for a (if the rumors are true) laptop with a new design? Feels like it might be a bit risky with glitches and stuff.. compared to the 2011 mpb style which have been around for a couple of models to fix up glitches and such.. Any ideas?

Can also add that i'm in no rush for a mbp so for that matter i could wait for the 2012 model..

Also, do you think the 2012 mbp will be much more expensive compared to the current 2011 mbp prices? (Student so must think about my economy a little at least ;)

2. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Hi res has better resolution than normal.
    I would still get the glossy in my opinion.

If you can wait till next year April (thats when new Ivy bridge processor comes out) then wait.
    If you need it now keep it.

3. disarticulate macrumors regular

The chances of the next gen Macbook Pro having glitches are minuscule compared to the chance of any other notebook you buy having glitches. Buy what you want when you want. If you don't really want one or need one now, just wait it out until you do. Unless of course you're Bill Haas, then buy whatever the heck you want.

4. MOKHAN macrumors 6502

By glitches I think he means problems associated with a new design, kind of like how the first Macbook Air's hinges would break, or how the late 2008 Unibody Macbook Pro's iSight camera would electrocute you

5. Freyqq macrumors 68040

Who knows if the 2012 will have a new design. It would be nice to get USB 3.0 though.

6. Meever macrumors 6502a

Ivy Bridge will have in on the board. It would be silly for Apple to not include the feature.

7. mediahuset thread starter macrumors newbie

MOKHAN - yep, it was those kind of glitches i ment.

My mind was set that the next mbp might come in jan/feb but suppose it is possible it might be even later.. so think i'll go for the 13 inch now and when the next model comes then i'll just sell it and buy that one instead.

Thanks for all fast posts.. made it easier to make a decision! :)