MBP 2011 Price check?

Ryukouki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
Hey, my friend is ready to dump his 2011 MBP to go Retina. If he sells it with this, on eBay, what would be a good price?

2.3 GHz i5 Processor
8GB RAM
256 GB Solid State Drive
Has Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
OS X Mountain Lion
iLife suite
Office 2010 Enterprise on the Windows side and Office 2011 for Mac

It's basically in perfect condition, and has the original packaging. All materials and disks included. Can I get four figures on this?

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I would say at least $1000 if its in perfect condition...Could ask for a little more because of the SSD.

I just sold my 2011 11" MBA for $750...surely a 2011 MBP is worth at least $1000.

Ryukouki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
I would say at least $1000 if its in perfect condition...Could ask for a little more because of the SSD.

I just sold my 2011 11" MBA for $750...surely a 2011 MBP is worth at least $1000.
Dang where did you sell at? Ebay?

Mavrack

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2011
I would highly advise against selling on Ebay. You have a much larger chance of being scammed. Plus you have to make sure it arrives ok and Ebay gets a portion of the winnings. Craigslist would be the way to go. Plus it is local so that you can see the person and do the transaction face to face. As for the price I would say $1050 due to the SSD.

Ryukouki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
I would highly advise against selling on Ebay. You have a much larger chance of being scammed. Plus you have to make sure it arrives ok and Ebay gets a portion of the winnings. Craigslist would be the way to go. Plus it is local so that you can see the person and do the transaction face to face. As for the price I would say $1050 due to the SSD.
Packaging was never really a concern. I've shipped delicate electronics internationally and its been in perfect shape and the customers loved it. I will definitely keep those facts in mind though. :) Heck, my customers always praised me for my nukeproof shipping. Then again, it never was a laptop -.-''

Last edited: