Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

eravulgaris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
So guys, after playing Battlefield 3 for half an hour it crashes and I hear an error message. Then my pc shuts down.

When I turn it back on, it resumes and shows me this error:

rJ5aOCB.png

I'm running it on a 15" Macbook Pro in Bootcamp. 2.1GHz, i7 Cpu, AMD 6750M, 4GB ram.

I have tried almost everything. I deleted my video card drivers, installed new ones, ...

Then I thought it might be a temperature issue, I checked the temps a few minutes before the crash (by chance) and my cpu was running at 90C. I have read that those are normal temperatures for Macbook Pro's. So it's probably something else?

Thanks in advance guys!

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Have you reinstalled DirectX? It seems like DirectX is the problem, at least based on the screenshot.

Comment

eravulgaris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
Have you reinstalled DirectX? It seems like DirectX is the problem, at least based on the screenshot.

Yes I did. It helped since I could play for hours yesterday, but this morning I wanted to play and I had the same kind of crash. Weird.

I checked my GPU temperature and it was at about 95 degrees (Celcius) while playing BF3, maybe it's this?

I wanted to reinstall DirectX from a website but then it said that I already have the latest version, so it was unable to do this. Then I installed it from inside the Battlefield 3 folder and this installer didn't give me that error.

Last edited:
Comment

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
400+ views and nothing? Must be a rare problem then?

First of all, it's common forum courtesy to wait 24 hours before bumping your own thread.

Second, to potentially eliminate a temperature issue, get yourself a cooling pad. Order something from Amazon so it will be easy to return if it doesn't help.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.