MBP 2011 rev.B ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hawaga, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Hawaga macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Hi!

I intend to buy a new MBP soon, as my early 2008 one (will be missed) got solen and I was lucky enough with my insurance company :)

So I wanted to ask, so many people say they have a mid-2009 /mid-2010 MBP.. Are we talkin about rev.b?

Would this mean a mid-2011 MBP is due within next months? If so when should that be expected? And what improvements/fixes should we expect about it? I know 10.6.7 fixed lots of issues with the new Mbps (kernel freezes...)

But i'm not in a big rush buying, especially if they make em less noisy (cooling fans)... My 2008 MBP was a whiner Playing flash or videos, I could avoid the noise with pleasure...

So any ideas?

2. simsaladimbamba

It just means, that many bought their MBP in the middle of 2009 or 2010.

3. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Mid or Early just means when the MBPs where released. The 2010 models were released in the middle of 2010 (Q2) and the 2011 models were released in Early (Q1) 2011.

Not that there is an Early, Middle and Late release every year.

4. Hawaga thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Ok thx Daneoni but does it effectively mean minor hardware revision?

5. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Minor...if at all.

6. Hawaga thread starter macrumors member

7. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

In some years they did 2 releases (an early and a late), but some years they only did one release. It just depends. Sometimes it was a minor difference (CPU speed bump) and sometimes (such as 2008) it was a complete redesign, as they went to the unibody model (which is the current form). No one except Apple knows for sure and they aren't telling. Buy when you need and don't look back. If you are always waiting there will always be something better just around the corner.

8. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

Regarding the noise you saw on your 2008 I doubt you'll have it as frequently. I am able to run many flash tabs and playback high def video on the internal and\or external monitor and not have the fans become audible.

The macbooks were just majorly updated, now is a pretty good time to buy.

9. Blipp macrumors 6502

It's far more likely that we won't see a refresh to the MBP line until Q2 next year with Ivy Bridge. But really these MBPs have only just been out for a month (to the day in fact) and you're already worried about them being outdated? This has been one of the most significant hardware spec increases in a long while, you will not be disappointed no matter what model you go with.

10. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Just buy it now...there will always be something better in the horizon as technology advances quickly. You will end up waiting your entire life at this rate.