MBP 2011 Several Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by leslienayibe, Mar 20, 2011.

1. leslienayibe macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I got a brand new 15" MBP two days ago and I already have several problems:

1. After working a while my MBP shuts down with any reason, it happen a couple of times, no software update, no reason.

2. I have a 22" HD BENQ Monitor so I notice when you connect the thunderbolt or DVI adapter the monitor resolution is lower, first it look all stretched and I have to select another resolution from the display preferences to view the complete screen, but is so pixelated and blurry.

3. Also I own a Design and Development agency, Im in charge of the Design part of the business, we purchased a Mac Developer License, because my developers are going to start working on Mac Apps, so I downloaded the Lion Beta, and when I try to install it, theres a system error: http://d.pr/DzlL
    I installed Lion in my old Unibody MB without any problem.

Any similar problems? Any Solution? Tomorrow I will call Apple Care to explain those issues and if they give any answer, I will post it.

Sorry for my bad english my native language is spanish.

Thanks to everyone and btw this is my first post :p

2. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Are you doing anything demanding when it shuts down? There seems to be a few heat issues floating around with the new MBP range. Install a CPU Temp monitor, and see how hot it gets before shut down.

3. leslienayibe thread starter macrumors newbie

In fact I wasn't doing anything, I was talking with a client by phone, and then with no reason all the applications I was running closed and my mac shuts down.

I always have iStat Pro to monitor the heat and battery cycles, and the higher temperature I noticed is 66 (Celsius) when time machine backup is running.

4. zincaloy macrumors newbie

Lion does not have the kernel extenstions for the new cpu's build in. These are needed to properly address the CPU, chipsets etc. Later builds (if released) will undoubtedly have these extensions. There are some topics on this on macrumors.

As others said; the MBP2011 is to new for Lion ;)