MBP 2011 Will Not Dual Boot On SSD (PLESE HELP)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by IGotuBagged, Mar 5, 2011.

1. IGotuBagged, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011

IGotuBagged macrumors member

Ok, So I purchased a top end 15' 2011 MBP along side a X25M 120GB SSD. I reformated the SSD and installed OSX with no problem. I load up bootcamp create a partition, It asks me to load the win7 dvd and click start. The MBP restarts but does not load the disc, instead I get a white screen followed by a flashing folder with a ? in the middle. I know it's not the win7 disc because it works with the original 750GB stock HD. I tried cloning the 750GB onto the SSD but problem still persists. Anyone else experience this problem?

2. fil3333 macrumors member

it means bootcamp does not recognize your drive... i heard about intel/bootcamp issues with the 80gb x25m in the past. i heard also that intel has solved the problem. do you have the latest firmware?

3. lukta macrumors member

You didn't get the 128gb ssd preinstalled for +90 dollars? :(

4. IGotuBagged thread starter macrumors member

Not sure, I'll try and update...will report back. Hopefully it works I really want OSX and Win7 on the SSD :(

well I had a Newegg gift card from awhile back....but your right I should have spent the $90 for an apple SSD and saved the gift card for something better (Vertex 3)...dam it all to hell!!!

5. CompanionCube macrumors regular

CompanionCube

I had the same problem, you need to update the firmware on the x25-m it is a known firmware bug. Download the Intel SSD Firmware updater, burn it to a disc and flash it. You MIGHT need to pull it out of the MBP and use the SSD Toolbox to secure erase it (this is what I had to do) then start all over again.