MBP 2012 will not wake or restart after dead battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mtwilson, May 15, 2013.

1. mtwilson macrumors newbie

OK, this is weird. When I went to bed last night I decided not to plug in my five month old MBP 13" and this morning the battery was predictably dead. Now however, after waiting for a 50% recharge on the battery, the machine still will not wake or re-boot (hard reset doesn't work) There is no pulsing sleep light and no signs of life other than the battery indicator and the power cable light.

I'm stumped. Other that unscrewing the back and disconnecting and reconnecting the battery to see if that works I am at a loss as to how to get my machine up and running. I have tried to hard reset several times without effect. What the heck is going on here?

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. mtwilson thread starter macrumors newbie

I am in a jungle town in Peru :(

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Then wait till you can get it to an authorized Apple service center. Futzing around inside might void the warranty.

You could try an SMC and or PRAM reset (done with the keyboard on power up)

5. Bear macrumors G3

This. Also, you could also try waiting until you know it has a 100% charge.

6. mtwilson thread starter macrumors newbie

Success, sort of

OK, so this is what I did. I ran down to one of the little electronic stores here and bought a screwdriver set for electronics. Came home and popped off the back and UN-plugged the battery and then re-plugged it in right away. No luck. Then I decided before re-assembling I would un-plug once more, but this time leave it un-plugged for a minute or so just to be sure EVERYTHING powered down. Voila! I was able to re-boot normally.

Now, because this is how my brain works, what was it in the "memory space" that was erased/shut down when I disconnected all power that caused this anomaly?

Any ideas??