MBP 2013 advice.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SwoopIOM, Nov 29, 2018.

1. SwoopIOM macrumors newbie

Hi Guys

I have had my MBP since 2013 and it is a really great Laptop.

However the screen over the years has become marked and whatever coating they have put on the display it's getting annoying.

Apple said it's out of warranty and cannot do anything now, I am thinking of getting a new MBP but are the screens better than my 2013 model? and I realise this is a million dollar question but do I hang on for any new MBP that maybe on the horizon?

Thank you

Peter

2. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

Apple I guess fixed the problem with the screen coating with the newer model so everything should be fine and there is not new macbook pro comming soon for now. IMO opinion if you need it now get it now there will be always a newer and better machine. I suggest waiting only when apple event is coming really soon

3. SwoopIOM thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you R.Stoychev for your advice, that has pleased me that the screen coating has been rectified and it gives me a bit more confidence in purchasing a new one.

4. ncrypt macrumors 6502

5. SwoopIOM thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, I did contact them and it fell outside of the 4 years that they ring fenced. Disappointed as it lets my MBP down a bit. I fancy a new one to be fair but was a bit worried if this would happen again.

6. _Kiki_ macrumors 6502a

problem with coating it's still not fixed, new models still showing problems with coating

7. SwoopIOM thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats very disappointing to hear!

Anyone else having screen coating problems with their MacBookPro's?

8. Mikeeee macrumors 6502

Mikeeee

It was under that repair program. I had the same problem about a month ago. Apple offered to repair the screen citing the program. He said the program expired 6 months ago but he was going to put it through. So there seems to be some flexibility.

You might try calling Support again and see if you could get a nicer person to put it through the program. Use my case if you'd like as another customer who had the screen replaced only 3 weeks ago.

9. brdeveloper macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

I had my screen replaced this year for free because of the coating issue. Early-2013, Retina Macbook Pro 15".