MBP 2015 Settings Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nviz22, May 1, 2017.

1. nviz22 macrumors 68040

nviz22

What's a good boot up speed time for a MBP 2015, OS Sierra 10.12.4?

I also was wondering what are ways to reduce boot up time? Turn off firevault? What is wake for wi-fi access do? Does that mean that my MB always stays connected to Wi-Fi even when it wakes from sleep?

2. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Startup time can be anything between 5 and 50 seconds,depending on auto updates,antivirus scans and other automatic processes,just leave it as it is,and it will be fully normal.

3. robvas macrumors 68020

They should boot in 15 seconds or less. If it takes longer you may have a lot of add-ons loaded.

[​IMG]

Macs wake from sleep and join wifi much faster than a regular PC.

4. ZapNZs macrumors 68000

ZapNZs

10 seconds to several minutes...like BMI, there is a lotta variation...

You can try to reduce startup time by disabling FileVault (which I strongly advise against), disabling startup processes, deleting any rogue .plist in the launchd folders, ensuring your SSD has at least 20-25% space free, run Dusk Till Dawn Utility, reset the PRAM/SMC as general precitation, remove any and all external accessories attached to the computer when booting, and, if very unhappy, use Onyx to dump some cache, create a new experimental User account, reinstall Mac OS X, or potassium supplementation.

This may be of interest
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201714