MBP 2015,

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MahaA, Aug 6, 2019.

1. MahaA macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I have a MBP 2015, 15", 2,8GHz, with dGPU and a custom 2TB SSD.
    I ran geek bench 4 and get varying results on a fresh system with no other apps running.
    single core around 4500 (sometimes even lower than 4000)
    multi core around 12000 (sometimes even lower than 10000)

The expected results are around 4400 (single) and 14500 (multi), so my multi core results are somewhat lower than they "should" be.

1) Should these results be worrying and how expressive are geek bench scores for me?
    I'm using my macbook mainly for music production in Logic Pro X and Ableton Live 10 - which is quite CPU intense.
    2) What can I do to increase my CPU's performance?

Thanks already for your expertise!

2. Falhófnir macrumors 68040

Falhófnir

Just for clarification, you've just got this machine or had it since it was on sale from apple in the 2015-18 period? If you've just got it, put it to work with your use case, and you'll soon see for yourself if it's anything to worry about. Benchmarks are fickle, they will change depending on ambient temperature and a whole host of other factors.

3. sub150 macrumors member

2) Put it in a freezer and run your benchmark.

4. MahaA thread starter macrumors newbie

I just got it refurbished. @sub150: Of course I don't care about the specific benchmark scores. I just use them as indicator about the machine's power and wondered whether such unexpected low scores might indicate a problem with the hardware or so.