MBP 2016 ethernet stop working after sleep

maxsquared

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Hey guys,

I bought one of those USB-C ethernet adapters and connected my MBP 2016 with TB to use Ethernet connection, however, every time I put my computer to sleep, the ethernet adapter stops working and I have to unplug and plug it back in again to make it work again. Has anyone else experienced this? How can I make it work, as it's really annoying.

Thanks,

Zillion

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2008
The Netherlands
I have this too with an adapter which also has 3 USB ports. I wonder if for example a Belkin USB-C to Ethernet adapter would not have this problem.

Sanpete

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2016
Utah
Hey guys,

I bought one of those USB-C ethernet adapters and connected my MBP 2016 with TB to use Ethernet connection, however, every time I put my computer to sleep, the ethernet adapter stops working and I have to unplug and plug it back in again to make it work again. Has anyone else experienced this? How can I make it work, as it's really annoying.

Thanks,
Which adapter?

dyn

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2009
.nl
I don't. Works fine with both my TB1 dock as well as the Belkin USB-C ethernet adapter.

Reactions: Sanpete

Zillion

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2008
The Netherlands
I have now the "LMP 8 Port USB-C mini", which seems to be exactly the same as the "Satechi Type-C Multi-Port Hub 4K Ethernet". This does NOT have this problem :)

Reactions: Sanpete