MBP 2016 TB reboot during sleep - High Sierra

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Softwarez, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Softwarez macrumors member

Hi all. So after updating to High Sierra on my MBP 2016 TB, my MacBook periodically reboots when waking from sleep. There is no error message at all. I just open the lid, and the apple logo shows up indicating a reboot instead of waking from sleep.

The first two times this happened, a crash log and a watchdog.timeout log was created. However, now there aren't even logs when this bug occurs.

I've tried the following things:
    • Reset SMC
    • Reset NVRAM
    • Delete sleepimage
    • Reinstall MacOS High Sierra
    None of the above things have fixed the issue. Anyone else experiencing this?

Could it be a hardware issue - time for a Genius Bar appointment?? :(

2. freeskier989 macrumors member

Ive been having reboots while sleeping on both my 2012 rMBP and my 2016 13" ntb MBP .... all of a sudden errors while sleeping that causes reboots! Look at the error report and it will tell you the reason mine was a sleep wake prob on both.... Resetting everything didnt seem to help much.

3. ajanjigian macrumors newbie

ajanjigian

I had this EXACT same problem for months since upgrading to HS (2012 15" MPB Retina), and as of 5 days ago, think I solved the problem. I can't locate the original iFixit forum post that gave me the solution, but this is what I had to do: delete all services in the Network panel aside from the wifi one i normally use. But ESPECIALLY the ethernet one. There is something about that service that creates a 'wake from sleep to access the network' bug. Since doing this, I've had no reboots.

4. lobo1978 macrumors 6502

lobo1978

Do you have VMware Fusion running while you sleep you Mac?