MBP 2016 Trackpad Tap To Click Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by philosopherdog, Jan 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. philosopherdog macrumors 6502a

philosopherdog

So far I'm loving this new MBP. Awesome update. But the one thing I've noticed is that because I have "Tap to Click" enabled on the trackpad I am getting unwanted taps happening. The issue happens when I type and do not rest palms on the trackpad. Anyone finding this? The solutions I came up with are 1) turn off tap to click, 2) rest palms, 3) hold hands up which is fatiguing.

2. thesaint024 macrumors 6502a

thesaint024

Tap to click was the only source of pain for my new MBP so I turned it off. The good thing is that it takes way less effort to register a click than on a mechanical touchpad so it's not a loss. Now no more unintentional clicks. 3 finger drag is more accurate too.

3. philosopherdog thread starter macrumors 6502a

philosopherdog

3 finger drag is working. I found I need to keep the fingers closer to register the swipe. I'm going to try leaving tap to click on and see if I can figure out how to work around it. Just putting a palm across the trackpad makes it behave properly. I do like the trackpad overall. Coming from a mechanical trackpad it is much easier on the hands, but I find tap to click so much less painful.

4. colinwil macrumors regular

Yes - I turned off tap to click too. The sensitivity - how hard you need to press to click - is configurable in Settings, and having it set to 'most sensitive' works well for me.