MBP 2016 - Won't wake from sleep, can't force shut-down

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by barcode00, Jul 9, 2017.

1. barcode00 macrumors member

I experienced the problem described in my thread, here, just now.

Since then, the screen of my MBP 2016 has remained black (not lit up at all) and I am unable to interact with it - pressing any keyboard buttons will not awaken the display, the trackpad is still active however.

Occasionally pressing the keyboard buttons will illuminate the Touch Bar, to which I am then able to use Touch ID to unlock the MBP. However the screen remains inactive - though this has nothing to do with the setting of the display brightness.

Long-pressing the Touch ID/power button in an attempt to 'force shutdown' does not do anything.

2. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Put two fingers on trackpad,swipe right. Had similar problems with my rMBP before,was a frozen app. After sweeping,if you see your normal screen,force quit everything with a small black dot under it in dock.

3. barcode00 thread starter macrumors member

I'm still experiencing an issue where I am unable to wake the MBP from sleep.

When opening the lid the display remains dark, but the touch bar will illuminate and allow me to 'unlock' the MBP. I am unable to force shut-down by holding the power button.

Closing the lid many, many times causes the display to reilluminate.

I don't believe I'm using any obscure apps.