MBP 2018 - Sound quality? Muffled?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nolegirl01, Aug 13, 2018.

1. nolegirl01 macrumors regular

Hey all,

Received my 15'' MBP (2018) last week. I'm not really experiencing the crackling noise everyone seems to have but I am sensing that the speakers on my MBP seem a bit muffled or almost with too bass. Songs sound good but when you are watching a video of someone just talking, I don't know it just doesn't seem that clear. It sounds like it's a bit muffled kinda like someone just raised the bass level really high. I touch my computer and even feel the person talking ( I know that sounds weird but that's why I feel it's too bass). Anything I can do? anyone seem to have this as well?

Thanks in advance!

2. mdnz macrumors 6502

I had a similar issue that sounded muffled. I returned it, got a new one which has the crackling issue. I'm waiting on my 3rd one now.

3. nolegirl01 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh jeez! now I'm scared!! what a hassle!

4. nolegirl01 thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone else have this issue? I want to exchange it but I don't want to get one that's worse or with another issue!

5. OSX15, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018

OSX15 macrumors member

OSX15

I had the same thing. My first one was perfect in sound terms. This replacement one is far to bassy

EDIT: Just today decided to do some more testing. I purchased Djay Pro 2 which has an equalizer and Spotify integration. I get significantly better audio when I turn the bass down -3.0 ~ -4.0 dB. Also by giving the highs a 0.5 dB boost is more pleasant to listen to. I am hoping there is a software equalizer for MacOS that can route all audio from other programs through it. This would help a lot since there might be speaker variations in every macbook.