MBP 2018 - Totally freezing randomly

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ascender, Nov 5, 2018.

1. ascender macrumors 68020

ascender

I've got a 2018 13" TB MBP which has been randomly freezing since purchase. Its not happening every day, but a few times a week which clearly isn't normal behaviour. Other than booting in to safe mode, running disk utility etc, is there anything else easy I can do to try and narrow down the cause or is it just one for Apple?

There doesn't seem to be any common them in terms of when it crashes - i.e. what programs are running, activities I'm doing at the time etc.

Thanks!

2. ascender thread starter macrumors 68020

ascender

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I believe in the KPs due to the bridge/T2 there's no error message unless you search through the logs

4. ascender thread starter macrumors 68020

ascender

I'm not even getting kernel panics, the machine just hangs, trackpad dead, totally unresponsive. I'll have a look in the logs as I've started looking through that T2 bridge thread.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It probably couldn't hurt to reach out to apple and see if they can diagnose and then repair/replace

6. cfdlab macrumors regular

This is a very frustrating situation to be in because it is random. How do you convince apple there is a problem with your unit ? Definitely go to apple and complain about it. Maybe their tests will find something.

7. ascender thread starter macrumors 68020

ascender

The intermittent and random nature of it means its going to be an Apple job, but I'll look through that thread too.

No appointments within 7 days so its a drop-in job at Apple unfortunately.