MBP 4,1 geforce 8600gt-m video rom needed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by krebs666, Nov 2, 2010.

1. krebs666 macrumors newbie

Hi Friends,

this weekend i have ruined my geforce 8600gt-m video card.

The strange thing is how it happened. I wanted to upgrade firmware on older dell powervault 745n nas appliance and had downloaded CERC firmware upgrade utility from dell support. It was and ugly windows .exe file, so i had transferred it to my windows virtual machine (running latest vmware fusion) and had started the exe file. The thing was, that the package has extracted and has automatically started adaptec upgrade utility. After few seconds it told me i don't have such a card in my system. At same time strange artifacts appeared on my desktop (not just in the virtual machine). After restart, text in verbose boot mode was shifted to the middle of the screen. After reseting PRAM it got even worse.

The only possibility i see is to overwrite nvidia video rom which was damaged in my opinion with a fresh copy.

Could someone please provide me a video rom backup to overwrite mine. It should be from apple macbook pro 4,1 with nvidia geforce 8600gt-m. It can easily be done with nvflash or gpu-z i believe.

On next day i went to the shop and have buyed a new mbp, because i need to work, but if i would be able to repair this one, my son would be really glad and you would support the next generation.

Thank you very much

2. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

those cards are known faulty I think it was just bad timing. Take it in it is under warranty for 4 years without applecare.