MBP 5,3 BootCamp partition not booting

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Bobtendo, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Bobtendo macrumors newbie

I've been running Windows 7 64 bit on my MacBook Pro for many months now and have had no problems with it, however last week my BootCamp partition decided not to launch anymore and instead it goes straight into Startup Repair. Startup Repair is never able to find a problem and shuts my computer down straight after. Now I'm stuck using OS X without the programs and such I need. Any possible solutions?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Have you tried running startup repair from the install disc instead? It might be able to see things the built in one can't.

B

3. Bobtendo thread starter macrumors newbie

I've attempted that but the "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD..." dialogue never shows up.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Try this one.

Remove the Win7 disc from the SuperDrive. Boot holding Alt/Option to get to the boot selector. Insert the disc in the SuperDrive. Select the SuperDrive to boot from. Press any key.

B

5. Bobtendo thread starter macrumors newbie

I never get the option to boot from the SuperDrive, only "Macintosh HD" and "Windows".

I tried to insert the disk on the boot menu then started up Windows, but upon selecting it, it freezes and I have to shutdown.

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

This is the same disc you used to install Windows at first, right? It booted then? Zap PRAM and reset your SMC and try again.

B

7. Bobtendo thread starter macrumors newbie

Did both of those and I'm getting the same results. And yes, this is the disk I used to install it at first.