MBP 8,2 Late Trackpad replacement needed? or Adjustment?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mchung, Dec 27, 2012.

1. mchung macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I have a issue with my macbook pro, essentially the trackpad is behaving oddly
    it causes the pointer to jump around and or it becomes very difficult to move
    pointer around the screen. Unless I apply some pressure to the track pad in which i do for 2 seconds and it works perfectly for about 8 seconds.
    Now I am wondering do I need a new track pad or did the battery basically
    off set my trackpad and I need to make an adjustment inorder for it to function normally?

Has anyone experienced this issue before?

Thanks =)

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Just 2 days ago on boxing day I had very similar issues, left the house, came back after 8 hours, awoke the Laptop from sleep and had the same problems.
    BUT, I am on a totally different computer and OS, I have a Powerbook G4 on Leopard, had a G3 before this and never saw this happen.
    I first cleaned it with a glass cleaner, did not help, washed my hands, did not help, restarted, did not help, started from other external disk, did not help, cleaned my hands with alcohol, did not help, restarted again and then it was OK and did not have the same issues again.

What you can do:
    Reset PRAM
    Reset SMC
    If this does not resolve the problem start up in recovery, if the problem is gone you know it is the OS.
    You could also try to start up in Safe Mode (Command-S) at startup, does it solve the problem, if yes OS problem.
    Or, create a new User, login into the new User Account and look if it still does the same, if not there are issues with the normal User Account.