MBP 8GB ram problems...

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ModestMoo, Feb 3, 2012.

1. ModestMoo macrumors 6502

ModestMoo

Hi guys, I have a problem.

Accidently some how my ram was full - 7.95GB from 8GB.
    Ok. Restart.
    Then, when restart was done, my applications were running just 'Twitter, qTorrent, Safari, Finder'. Then, after 10mins my Ram again full 7.95GB from 8GB.
    Ok, I have App MemoryFreer. I try to freer my memory :

[​IMG]

Ok, after 10mins again memory full. I tried to have a look in Activity Monitor - nothing bad. Just one something was 100mb. Few other 60mb and one like 20mb. all others 1-2mb...

everything would be alright, but when ram is full just massive lag and I can't turn on any apps which I need - Photoshop, Fireworks and Dreamweaver.

What I need to do? It starts to pi** me of.

Sorry for my english, I hope you understand me.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You don't need the MemoryFreer app. Mac OS X can manage memory quite well, without user interference or 3rd party apps. If you're having performance issues, launch Activity Monitor and change "My Processes" at the top to "All Processes", then click on the CPU column heading once or twice, so the arrow points downward (highest values on top). Then look to see what may be consuming system resources. Also, look at page outs in the System Memory tab at the bottom of Activity Monitor. What does it show for page outs?

3. ModestMoo, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012

ModestMoo thread starter macrumors 6502

ModestMoo

Thanks for the help - here ya go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

How long has it been since you last restarted your computer? Also, it shows Flash player consuming a lot of resources. For Flash issues: