MBP - a good time to buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by GeorgeD, Aug 10, 2007.

1. GeorgeD macrumors member

Sorry, I also posted this in the MBP forum but then realized it works better in this forum...

I'm looking to buy a MBP but I'm worried once I buy it, it will be updated (possibly when leopard is released). Do you guys predict an upgrade any time soon for the MBP and is it a good time to buy one now? Thanks :)

2. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Not now. Wait til your payday.

3. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

It's a perfect time to buy and it's highly unlikely that Apple will update the MBP's just for Leopard. The entry level MBP is a fantastic buy for the price.

4. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

The mbp will probably see an update sometime after Leopard and before Christmas. It's just my guess, but I think there will have to be a mbp update before the shopping season.

Buy now if you need it. If you're a student, now is the time to buy for sure. If not, try to wait it out until Leopard so you get some software for free.

5. looking4anotebo macrumors 6502

Wait two years, the perfect MBP should be on the market by then.

6. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

waiting for the next rev is so ridiculous! the machines were just updated!

7. GeorgeD thread starter macrumors member

Two years?!? haha..There is a good point here. Will the next MBP update really be something worth waiting for? Maybe it will be as minor as the last macbook updates were. I hear all these people are waiting to buy when the next update arrives, but is it really something worth waiting for?

8. Vanilla macrumors 6502a

I'm personally hoping that the next upgrade happens before xmas and includes replacing the latch mechanism with the current MB method, as the latch IMO is the one weak link remaining in the current design.

9. booksacool1 macrumors 6502

Yeah I can't believe people are already asking this. The MBP was *just* updated.

The only thing on the horizon is leopard, which probably won't be expensive.

10. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

I believe I heard the next MBP update was going to be incredible... you should wait... :rolleyes:

11. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

I have a 24" iMac (white). I need to buy leopard anyway for it...so whether I get the single or family pack isn't a huge difference cost wise. but I do realize other people only have one mac, so I understand why some are waiting...