MBP - a good time to buy?

GeorgeD

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Sorry, I also posted this in the MBP forum but then realized it works better in this forum...

I'm looking to buy a MBP but I'm worried once I buy it, it will be updated (possibly when leopard is released). Do you guys predict an upgrade any time soon for the MBP and is it a good time to buy one now? Thanks :)

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Sorry, I also posted this in the MBP forum but then realized it works better in this forum...

I'm looking to buy a MBP but I'm worried once I buy it, it will be updated (possibly when leopard is released). Do you guys predict an upgrade any time soon for the MBP and is it a good time to buy one now? Thanks :)
Not now. Wait til your payday.

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
It's a perfect time to buy and it's highly unlikely that Apple will update the MBP's just for Leopard. The entry level MBP is a fantastic buy for the price.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
The mbp will probably see an update sometime after Leopard and before Christmas. It's just my guess, but I think there will have to be a mbp update before the shopping season.

Buy now if you need it. If you're a student, now is the time to buy for sure. If not, try to wait it out until Leopard so you get some software for free.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
waiting for the next rev is so ridiculous! the machines were just updated!

GeorgeD

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Two years?!? haha..There is a good point here. Will the next MBP update really be something worth waiting for? Maybe it will be as minor as the last macbook updates were. I hear all these people are waiting to buy when the next update arrives, but is it really something worth waiting for?

Vanilla

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2002
Atlanta, GA
I'm personally hoping that the next upgrade happens before xmas and includes replacing the latch mechanism with the current MB method, as the latch IMO is the one weak link remaining in the current design.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
I have a 24" iMac (white). I need to buy leopard anyway for it...so whether I get the single or family pack isn't a huge difference cost wise. but I do realize other people only have one mac, so I understand why some are waiting...