Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heatasmallhouse

macrumors regular
May 23, 2007
I also bought an encase sleeve for my 15", and it's extremely loose! very annoying. I'll give it to my sister for her 15" hp and find myself something else as soon as possible. I also have the bluetooth MM, got it for a discount on black friday, and to be honest it still wasn't worth the price, especially if you game with it

Yeah, incase is still trying to sell the same bag to mabook pro and powerbook owners. Not a Santa Rosa issue, a MBP issue!!! They've been out with the same form factor for over a year! WTF is wrong with them? I would say a large portion of their customer base is Apple owners, who expect a higher quality than anyone...and why the hell is Apple selling them at their retail stores?

I brought mine back to the store and the associates were surprised how bad it fit. I bought a booqbag Vyper M2 ( http://booqbags.com/s.nl/it.A/id.74/.f ) after a lot of research and review reading (enter in loop2006 in the promo code for a discount). Almost went with a Tom Bihn but the brain cell is a bit too large to fit in my backpack.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more complaints about the Incases since the MBPs were released.

cookiejuice

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2007
Yeah, incase is still trying to sell the same bag to mabook pro and powerbook owners. Not a Santa Rosa issue, a MBP issue!!! They've been out with the same form factor for over a year! WTF is wrong with them? I would say a large portion of their customer base is Apple owners, who expect a higher quality than anyone...and why the hell is Apple selling them at their retail stores?

I brought mine back to the store and the associates were surprised how bad it fit. I bought a booqbag Vyper M2 ( http://booqbags.com/s.nl/it.A/id.74/.f ) after a lot of research and review reading (enter in loop2006 in the promo code for a discount). Almost went with a Tom Bihn but the brain cell is a bit too large to fit in my backpack.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more complaints about the Incases since the MBPs were released.

Hey did it make it to big for your backpack? I know the incase barely adds size to the MBP...would you say the same about that case you bought...and does it feel very heavy?

heatasmallhouse

macrumors regular
May 23, 2007
Hey did it make it to big for your backpack? I know the incase barely adds size to the MBP...would you say the same about that case you bought...and does it feel very heavy?

I haven't received it yet. But I checked out reviews all over the place as well as the dimensions. It was smaller than the other semi-hardshell cases I found out there and tighter fitting in the photos I saw.

You really didn't think the Incase added any size to the MBP? I could use the excess material on the top as a handle if I wanted, thats how loose it was on mine. Plus it was so slippery it just felt sloppy to hold or put in a backpack. I'm certain the booq will be better, I'll post when it arrives as to how much better.

keenkreations

macrumors regular
May 20, 2005
My 2 cents on cases...

I have been using the STM case found on radtech.us (Link) Not a loose fit, but has served me well for almost 6 months. I also recommend to anyone to have a screen cloth to put in between the display and the keyboard, so that LCD does not get dirty or "accidentally" touch the keys when the MB or MPB is closed.

cookiejuice

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2007
I haven't received it yet. But I checked out reviews all over the place as well as the dimensions. It was smaller than the other semi-hardshell cases I found out there and tighter fitting in the photos I saw.

You really didn't think the Incase added any size to the MBP? I could use the excess material on the top as a handle if I wanted, thats how loose it was on mine. Plus it was so slippery it just felt sloppy to hold or put in a backpack. I'm certain the booq will be better, I'll post when it arrives as to how much better.

I haven't actually seen the incase on a MBP, just a macbook so I'll take your word on it. If you could post how you like the booq when you get it that would be great....do you know the ETA for the case?..sry....just want to know when to look out for your reply.....thanks for the help!

ashon3611

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2004
Austin
I ordered a Red Speck see-thru case.. A Malware screen cloth w/ palm rest protector and a iskin protouch... btw there was a 2GB Patriot memory strip on frys.com for 99 so i bought 2 of those to max it out and forget about it.

elithrar

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2007
MBP arrived this morning; there's less than an inch of play in the Incase Sleeve with it. It's enough so that it's not a tight fit, but it's definitely not loose at all. I find it perfect, really, because I can pinch that .8" with my fingertips to actually pull it out of the bag it's in. Without that play it'd be much harder.

I'll take some photos when I get home to show, and also where the nylon tag was.

chriswg

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2007
Colorado, USA
So far, I've purchased an InCase Canvas Sleeve, an iSkin ProTouch Keyboard Protector, Windows Vista for BootCamp, and a ShaggyMac Screen Protector.

Currently, I'm on the hunt for a decent mouse to use. I was planning on getting the Wireless Mighty Mouse, but I would prefer a mouse with multiple customizable buttons. So I found the Logitech VX Revolution, but I have seen nothing but horror stories about the Logitech software not working with newer Macs. It would be nice to know if anyone has a Logitech mouse that actually functions properly with your Mac. If not, are there any other good options?

heatasmallhouse

macrumors regular
May 23, 2007
I haven't actually seen the incase on a MBP, just a macbook so I'll take your word on it. If you could post how you like the booq when you get it that would be great....do you know the ETA for the case?..sry....just want to know when to look out for your reply.....thanks for the help!

I just got the shipping notification. Looks like June 15th. Pretty slow a-- ground shipping on FedEx's part, but I can wait for quality.

heatasmallhouse

macrumors regular
May 23, 2007
MBP arrived this morning; there's less than an inch of play in the Incase Sleeve with it. It's enough so that it's not a tight fit, but it's definitely not loose at all. I find it perfect, really, because I can pinch that .8" with my fingertips to actually pull it out of the bag it's in. Without that play it'd be much harder.

I'll take some photos when I get home to show, and also where the nylon tag was.

Yeah, please post those photos. Did the packaging wrap say that it fits powerbooks and ibooks as well? The terrible one I got said that. I had a good inch and a half of play in the front of the macbook.

elithrar

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2007

Yeah, please post those photos. Did the packaging wrap say that it fits powerbooks and ibooks as well? The terrible one I got said that. I had a good inch and a half of play in the front of the macbook.

My packaging said that too. Let me get the camera and take some pictures now. Give me ten minutes or so to take them and then set up the camera on this Mac, haven't used it on it yet.

[added]

Okay, last time I set my camera up [on my iMac, mind you] iPhoto didn't want to play nice. This time it did it in 2 seconds flat, hahah. Anyway.

mbpincasetwo.jpg
mbpincaseone.jpg
mbincasethree.jpg

heatasmallhouse

macrumors regular
May 23, 2007
Yeah, I agree. It definately looks like a great fit. I'm wondering how the inconsistancies in manufacturing could be that great? Mine had about an inch and a half of play by the zipper. Did you get it from the apple store?

anirban

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Houston, TX
Brenthaven Cases

I ordered a Brenthaven Edge II case for my MBP. Seems to be good, but I haven't heard much of it.... should I be concerned?

elithrar

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2007
Yeah, I agree. It definately looks like a great fit. I'm wondering how the inconsistancies in manufacturing could be that great? Mine had about an inch and a half of play by the zipper. Did you get it from the apple store?

The Australian Apple Store, yes.

bottleddissent

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Anyone own an iLap? It seems like it would be really handy...

But as I've only played around on my friends MBP, I was also wondering if people really find the high heat that inconvienent...and if they really find it necessary to purchase something like a iLap.

amunoz83

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2007
MacRumors.com
I'm using the Chrome Transport laptop sleeve with the optional shoulder strap for my MBP.
http://www.chromebags.com/products/bags/show/52/
lrg_SleeveLoft.jpg

Also, I use the Tom Bihn laptop keyboard cover in the graphite color.
http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/ACC/TB0320
screenprotect2.jpg

If you really want to shell out a lot of money for a sleeve/case, then I suggest looking into Vaja cases. I admire their creativity and appearance of their notebook cases, as well as other cases for iPods, phones, and etc.
http://www.vajacases.com

KristieMac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2007
Harrisburg, PA
I have been looking at cases since I ordered my MPB, (scheduled arrival this Weds!) and I haven't found anything I really love yet.

The incase seems good, but basic.

Call me girly, but I want something sturdy and protective, while being pretty and reasonably priced. Am currently accepting suggestions! :)

TheJayWay

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
I'm assuming it's this one?

http://www.speckproducts.com/for-macbook17.html

I'm in the same boat... although I'm still wondering about the quality of them. Are they worth buying?

I can let you know. Mine will be delivered tomorrow! Would have been here on friday but the only person home didn't have a way of paying the Customs brokerage fee!!! :mad:

I got the red one for the 15" MBP. Wasn't too pleased with the web service. Though shipment was fast (ordered tuesday, attempted delivery friday with international service to Canada) after my initial contact while ordering, I haven't heard a thing from them. I sent in an email on thursday to see what was up, and I have yet to hear from them. Oh well, as long as I receive my product quick, at a reasonable price, I'm happy.

heatasmallhouse

macrumors regular
May 23, 2007
I have been looking at cases since I ordered my MPB, (scheduled arrival this Weds!) and I haven't found anything I really love yet.

The incase seems good, but basic.

Call me girly, but I want something sturdy and protective, while being pretty and reasonably priced. Am currently accepting suggestions! :)

Nothing girly about wanting to protect your investment. I'm still waiting for the Vyper m2 from http://www.booqbags.com/ and if you need more protection, check out the brain cell at http://www.tombihn.com .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.