mbp after repair !!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by astrosyt, Apr 13, 2008.

1. astrosyt macrumors member

right edge is rising... and isight green On indicator doesnt working .. acceptable?

Attached Files:

2. pik. macrumors 6502

pik.

I could live with the rising of the case(though is there and i do not like it.) but no with the iSight problem...
    :eek:

what did they changed?:confused:

3. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Oh.. they missed the front clip... that is easy to sort out! Just apply some downward pressure around the DVD Slot and it should clip.

However the iSight indicator not working... Umm, that's not acceptable, not for me. How long was the turn around for the repair?

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

5. astrosyt thread starter macrumors member

they put new display on it. did the forget to connect led indicator cable ?

6. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

That's unacceptable. I would take it back if I were you.

7. eyespii macrumors 6502

Be careful when you do this though. If you apply too much downward pressure you'll end up bending the bottom part of the case down, completely blocking the DVD tray! I know cause i JUST made this mistake and fixed it by sticking a screwdriver in and bending the case upwards.

8. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

The LED light problem is enough to warrant bringing it in to the Apple Store, and be sure to tell them how the problem with the case wasn't there before, and if you are going to bring it in, then don't bother trying to push the thing back down and risk damaging it more, because then they will definitely not repair it, and will void your Apple Care.

9. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

lol are you serious? It's just a little light.

Open it up and connect it yourself or just deal with it.

But yeah that's just me, If you want to go bring it in again its up to you.

10. astrosyt thread starter macrumors member

is there any instructions somewhere how to connect the cable?

11. comptr macrumors 65816

just take it back. One time I had to go back 3 times since they had forgot to do something each and every time. So don't let it go. They will fix it. don't think run to the apple store and get it fixed. :D

12. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

x99 to take it back. Dont risk taking it apart and breaking something unless you really want to do it or know how to do it. Also, you'll need Torx screwdrivers for MBPs, as well as fine screwdrivers.

personally i've taken Macbooks apart so often i can do an LCD replacement without a manual. ;) says nothing about their quality though. :eek:

Macbook pros are actually not to hard to take apart. for the corner, if you can find a screwdriver that fits, loosen the screw closest to that area and press down on the edge. Retighten. Sometimes the threaded tab gets bent when the tech puts it back so it doesnt sit straight as before.

if the LCD has been replaced, chances are its the entire clamshell (2nd gen MBP and later). It could either be defective or they forgot to plug in the cables.

13. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Definitely take that back and get them to finish the job, that sucks getting it repaired and then it coming back like that. Next time you get it back, do a thorough work over with the Genius. They did that when my MBP was in for repair so as to make sure everything was good before I took it home.

14. scotty588 macrumors 6502

Same happened here with my MBP after I got it back for repair. The left side of the case was popping up a couple milimeters. Brought it back and they had to send it in again to have the top case replaced. Make sure you call or tell them about it ASAP otherwise they might think you did something to create that problem.

15. KhaKha macrumors newbie

about the same with mine,
    i get my mbp to go to the ASP and come back have a bit spaces between keyboard and the bottomcase

16. steinlager macrumors regular

Call them and tell them to fix it! You paid $2000 for high quality products and high quality care!

17. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

I agree, you paid alot for PRO equipment. please take it back. Apple needs to do some QA revamping.....