MBP after upgrading 10.7.2 Lion Fan noise problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by worls747, Oct 22, 2011.

1. worls747 macrumors newbie

HI, Since upgraded to 10.7.2. My Macbook Pro (Mid 2010) got weird...
    when I'm only running 1 app at a time. (like Safari or Mail app). First 10 mintiues the fan RPM is 2000. and after 15 mins later it increase up to 6000 RPM. I do not know why!!! T_T

I'm not even running heavy application. It repast over and over again!.
    this is really frustrating.. very loud...

So can anyone help me why my macbook fan runs up to 6000RPM randomly.. and back to 2000RPM and after 10 mins later 6000RPM -> 2000RPM -> 6000 RPM. (repeats)..

It happened since upgraded to 10.7.2 Lion. I Just clean installed Lion but problem still stands..

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you tried an SMC reset yet?
    Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

image below uses sorting by CPU as an example
    [​IMG]
    Further reading:
    ______________________________________________________​

3. worls747 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cpu

I checked. MY CPUS Are fine.. the highest one is under 10 % ..
    I tried to reset my SMC but I followed how to do it step by step but maybe I'm doing wrong way. not working.

can you please tell me how to reset SMC on Macbook PRO (2010 MID)
    - I turn off the macbook and connect it to mag safe adaptor. pressing option+control + shift + power button at the same time.

but it's seem doing nothing. :( please help

Attached Files:

4. djhyro macrumors member

I would also try running the Apple Diagnostics (Hardware Test) to make sure none of the temperature sensors are bad

5. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Goodness, I had this problem not too long ago. Mine had a faulty sensor, that could be you're problem. Hopefully you're MBP is still under warranty so you can get that fixed (Apple will have to replace the Logic Board; it's pretty expensive). To find out if this is your problem; do a Apple Hardware Test. That will tell you if there is a problem with your mac. Hope this helps.