MBP Airport Problem - Anyone else?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yz4103, Jan 15, 2010.

1. yz4103 macrumors newbie

I bought the 2.53GHz 13' MBP in Sep 09, currently on SL 10.6.2, been working absolutely fine until 2 days ago. The wifi dropped and the wireless connection management window popped up asking for the WEP passcode to re-connect to my router. I put the code in but Airport just couldn't connect back to the router.

I've got a Windows PC at home which is working fine on that router, also swapped the existing router with another different router, same problem (Windows PC also working fine with this router). Anyone having or had the same problem?

2. yz4103 thread starter macrumors newbie

Was on the phone with Applecare for 40mins today trying to figure out what's wrong. Eventually found out a neighbour's new wireless router was interfering with my router, causing the connection timeout issue. Changed the channel in my router set up and connected straight back, sweet! To those who's experiencing the similar problem, try this fix.

3. Moocher macrumors regular

Download iStumbler which is a small wifi monitoring program. It will tell you what wifi signals are in your area and which channel they are on so that you can avoid overlap.

Mooch