MBP Airport Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Blavamerc, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Blavamerc macrumors newbie

Hi, I am posting as a last resort, I searched everywhere and there seem to be a lot of problems with the Airport and MBPs but none of the solutions work for me.

I have a MBP 15' 2.6 ghz model from last year and when I am at home I have been having issues with the wireless network. The connection seems to be dropping all the time (without being disconnected from the network, still have signal) and randomly either reconnecting for a short period of time before dropping again or just staying dropped until I turn airport off/on, in which case it works for about 15-30 secs before failing again.

The weird part is that the other MBP in my house has no problems with the network and neither do other computers. My router is a Belkin N1 Vision, and I do have all the software updates installed. This only happens with my home wireless connection, at uni it works fine and never disconnects so I don't think its a problem with the airport card itself.

Thanks for any help

2. Markov macrumors 6502

Markov

My brother had a similar issue with his macbook, it randomly kept dropping the connection and reconnect and do cycle through this over and over. He eventually had Apple replace the airport card free of charge.

Before trying that, I suggest try reinstalling OS X. I know it's a pain, but sending the laptop out for repair is even more of a pain.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I had the same issue before. Took it out to a authorized repair tech (not Apple retail), and they fixed it in a day.

I just went and told them I needed the wireless card replaced. No questions asked.