MBP Airport temps

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sptz, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Sptz macrumors regular

Hey, I have a 2.4 SR MBP and I have a problem, my router is just one hall and a room apart from me, when I'm on my table I get full signal but I lay down on my bed with it on my lap which is like 1.5 meters away and I get NO signal, just the little dot on the network and virtually no internet, BUT, if I pick it up with one hand below it (using all 5 fingers to hold it) I get full connection again... how weird is that... so I thought it could be the temps that we're screwing something up. So I was doing nothing, no app running with it on my lap, and these were the temps:

[​IMG]

So the Airport Card and the Mem Controller seem a bit high... the temperature now is a bit higher it's laying at 56ºC ... could this be the problem?! If so how can I fix it?
    I'm not sure about the temps because I haven't had the opportunity to check, but this also happens if on battery aswell...

P.S. My gf's white macbook (non SR) gets full signal anywhere in my house basically ...

2. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I don't have an airport temp sensor in my MBP, but your other temps are well within spec and should not be affecting the system in any way.

Only thing that comes to mind that may be causing the problem is a loose cable/connection that is only present with the way the MBP is sitting on your lap.

3. Sptz thread starter macrumors regular

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

There probably is a cable going from your airport to your motherboard. I wouldn't know I've never opened a MBP.

5. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

That's what I mean, the internal connectors/cables might me damaged somehow.

I suggest trying to get the signal to drop in any way possible...hold your MBP upside down, press in certain spots, wiggle it around, etc.