MBP, AirPort won't stay connected

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by msizzle64, May 11, 2010.

1. msizzle64 macrumors 6502

msizzle64

I have a fairly new 17" Unibody MacBook Pro, and recently my AirPort signal cuts off after about 30 minutes. I could just be on Facebook, and I will loose the signal after 30 minutes, and then i got to reselect my network. It becomes very annoying if when I try uploading videos to YouTube, having to start uploading all over about 3 times. I took it to the Genius Bar on Saturday, and they couldn't diagnose the problem, and they said they have to send it out to depot, but i can't afford being without my machine till June. I've tried restoring the default settings on my AirPort base station, but that didn't effect the problem. Could there be a problem with the AirPort card in my machine? If not, could there be other things i can try?

Please Help,

Thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Have you tried any other wireless device on your network? I'd do that to see if it has the same behavior.

3. msizzle64 thread starter macrumors 6502

msizzle64

My brothers MacBook and my iPad stays connected just fine.

4. xaquaticx macrumors regular

Welcome to a MacBook Pro. Wireless is much, much worse than on a MacBook or any other Apple product. You paid more and got less. But that metal case looks so cool! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm sending mine back because of this and if the replacement does the same thing I'm swapping for a macBook.