MBP aluminium housing issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TasheRAWR, Sep 25, 2016.

1. TasheRAWR macrumors regular

TasheRAWR

Hey,

I am probably being a little OTT and silly but want to be sure. I noticed that some of the aluminium housing doesn't appear to be properly cutout. I first noticed this on some the speaker holes and then noticed the same on a small part of the housing around the trackpad. There appears to be a little section of aluminium on the housing that is visible when looking directly through the gap which looks like it hasn't properly been cut off.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this on their MacBook Pros and whether this issue is simply cosmetic or if it has later indicated damage to the components inside the housing?

2. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Do you have any pictures to show the issues you're describing? I mean, there are going to be variations in the end product due to the manufacturing process, in most cases it's normal.

3. TasheRAWR thread starter macrumors regular

TasheRAWR

I am hoping it is simply a cosmetic issue that won't cause any issues later. This is the best picture I could get of the trackpad issue so I apologise as it isn't very clear (I don't own a decent camera, just my phone) I had no luck getting a decent picture of the speakers.

FullSizeRender.jpg

4. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

I'm thinking that's normal. I've never looked that closely at my rMBP, but after a quick inspection, I see it too.

5. TasheRAWR thread starter macrumors regular

TasheRAWR

That's comforting to know. Thanks for that, I only spotted it today as the light hit it otherwise I probably would have never noticed. Just wanted to be sure it was just cosmetic than anything serious :)

6. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

You have a force touch trackpad, and I assume that you will see a similar part of the chassis on the left front side, too.
    It's just a part of the chassis structure that supports the trackpad. It would be different with the force touch trackpad (compared to the older (clicking) trackpads), as there are no moving parts on the force touch trackpad.

I'm not sure about the speaker holes?
    The holes would not always relate to speaker position, so some could appear on inspection to be closed, because they are not in exact speaker position. The design of the speaker holes would be in a symmetrical layout, but not reflecting exact speaker position or size. It would be for appearance, not all about function.
    So, appears to be normal.

7. TasheRAWR, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016

TasheRAWR thread starter macrumors regular

TasheRAWR

Sorry I'm not sure if this is what you meant by left front side however when I follow along the gap where that part is (in the picture) on the housing to the left side, there isn't a similar part?

However I think you are right about the force trackpad chassis structure. As you said the speaker holes are more for appearance than function so I will not worry anymore. :)