MBP Aluminum cover is flexible?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by onne2slick, Jun 20, 2010.

1. onne2slick macrumors regular

Are your aluminum MBP cover's flexible? By cover, I mean the lid of the laptop. Mine is flexible where the apple logo is. Even if I press down gently around that area. Is this a fault in my MBP or is this normal in everyone else's ?

2. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

3. Abbe macrumors newbie

Seems normal to me and OK as well as long as it has no impact on the display which you can test by pressing the lid gently while the notebook is on and watching whether the crystals start to emit rainbow colors.

4. Siriosys macrumors regular

Siriosys

LOL......I thought I was the only person in the world worrying about that tonight........I just noticed it for the first time......

Iit's surprisingly flexible, but as other posters have said, providing it doesn't have an impact on it that dents the alloy or damages the display behind it, things should be fine.

5. onne2slick thread starter macrumors regular

haha, yeah i'm sure it's fine too :p just wondering

6. sadcamper macrumors regular

Mine is flexible there too...while the body is very solid, the lid seems to be not-so-much. I hate that when closed, one side sits flush while the other leaves a small gap...something else that's very common from what I've read.

7. schmintan macrumors regular

Common on the older MBP's also. Its a problem thats affected my MBP from day one.