MBP Aluminum dropped

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cecil B., Jun 15, 2010.

1. Cecil B. macrumors newbie

Does anyone accidentally dropped their MBP aluminum then some part has been deformed and this one can still be fix?

Sad to say because it happened to me and the part which have dent is on the top left corner of the screen. the LCD is still ok but everything i see the defect it reminds me of my carelessness and i regret...

it still under warranty. kindly advise...

thanks a lot

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The warranty covers manufacturing defects. Not user damage. If you want it fixed it will cost $$$.

3. doktordoris macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

Pics?

4. robotmonkey macrumors 6502

You should get things from best buy there is a user-damage warranty. But for a sum you can get it fixed. Don't do it through apple they will screw you.

5. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

+1. Premium prize for a premium price :(...damn you :apple:!

6. mansanas macrumors regular

just dropped my 2 1/2 weeks old MBP! theres a chip on the left corner right next to where the charger is connected, top and bottom... sigh...

the moment i got my back back from the mail (lowerpro where the laptop goes in through a side compartement), i knew i was too careless to not forget to zip it closed one day... sigh....

7. Rithem macrumors 6502

Rithem

A friend dropped mine a week after I got it and it ened up the ethernet port pretty bad. Luckily I got a super nice genius who covered it for free. Saved me a few hundred dollars :D