MBP Always starts with maximum brightness, tried everything!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by andreasopl, Mar 3, 2008.

1. andreasopl macrumors newbie

My MBP 2,2GHz always starts with maximum brightness since I upgraded to 10.5.2. Before then, it started with the brightness it had before shutting it down.

So I tried what friends of me suggested:
    - Repairing permissions
    - Resetting NVRAM and PRAM

What else can I do? Because it's really getting on my nerves, when I start my mac late at night and getting nearly blind...:D

2. tip macrumors 6502

tip

Okay, this is probably too obvious, but do you have "Automatically adjust brightness" unchecked?

3. mokeiko macrumors 6502

I am having the same problem with the 10.5.2 update as well.

By the way, the "automatically adjust brightness" does not help. When I tried to set the brightness with this setting, my screen either is at its lowest or brightest setting.

4. andreasopl thread starter macrumors newbie

It's true, the "automatically adjust brightness" doesn't help, well ok when it's on and its bright daylight, as soon as I am logged in, the brightness goes down. BUT the startup screen (the one with the grey apple logo) is always at full brightness and I also don't like the automatic adjust function.
    The question is why did it worked in 10.5.1 and not in 10.5.2? And the problem must be more hardware-related, because when I start my mac, the OS is of course not loaded, so the brightness value is stored inside some cache or so? (I thought that's what the PRAM and NVRAM is for, but I tried that already)