mbp and Amazon question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by latestmonkey, Feb 25, 2008.

1. latestmonkey macrumors 6502

Does anyone know Amazon's history on new releases? I'm assuming that the mbp will be released tomorrow. If it is, would Amazon have it right away or are they behind other retail channels?

I also notice that they only stock current mbps in matte.

thanks

2. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I want to know this too. When will Amazon get the shipments?

I pre-ordered the new MBPs on their site and now it says estimate shipping date is april 28...:confused:

3. kant macrumors 6502

bump

4. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I guess no one wants to answer this question?

5. LVdustin macrumors regular

Amazon is very good about keeping up on their products, especially Apple products. Word of advice, I would wait till the end of the week just incase, or if you can get an exact spec detail list on the item within Amazon, and it's paired up to that up the current, then your good.

6. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

So Amazon will be getting it in less than one week or so?

I'm kinda worried because my estimated ship date tells me "April 28"

7. akadmon macrumors 68010

Amazon is running great deal on previous version MBPs. The 2.4GHz stock model that was selling for $2499 on Apple.com on Monday is selling for $1,734 after rebate. If you can't get an EPP discount (or aren't willing to lie to get an edu discount), this is an excellent deal.

8. LVdustin macrumors regular

The reason it says for your ship date for April is probably because Amazon hasn't received their full stock shipment, this happens all the time, they will put a ship date for a long amount of time for some leverage. it happened to me when I bought my wireless might mouse when it came out on the apple store. I was shown a 3 week shipping delay, but within a few days, the product shipped. Sit tight, and relax, hopefully things will go your way :)