MBP and Apple TV question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by challiman, Jul 20, 2009.

1. challiman macrumors member

I have the unibody MBP, 13 in., all software up to date, purchased in June 2009. I also have an iPod Touch and iTunes.
    Yesterday I bought Apple TV after asking about a way to view my MANY photos on our TV. My spouse, a PC user, was excited about all the possibilities. Well, it isn't what we thought, but for sure the photos look great. A couple of problems, though.
    I signed in to my Mobile Me account on my computer, but when we tried to enter it on the TV screen/Apple TV, it kept saying that was an unknown Mobile Me member.
    Also, the computer and TV seem to be on completely different photos. I know this isn't like an external monitor, but can't figure out why I have one slideshow going on the computer and one on the TV.

I tried to do a search for a tutorial, but didn't find one. Any advice would be welcome.

Just so you know, we thought we'd be controlling the TV with the computer keyboard, but you have to use the remote that comes with it and entering names and passwords is a pain.

2. paigebbi macrumors newbie

Hi there. This is an easy one. Just go into iPhoto and create a MobileMe gallery. Once you have done this, you will be able to login from your AppleTV. We have 3 of them and love them!

3. challiman thread starter macrumors member

I have a Mobile Me account on iPhoto, but I don't put all my photos on there. I have LOTS of photos from traveling, something like 700-800 per trip, and I don't want to put them all on MM, that would take up an awful lot of space and it is my understanding (subject to being informed otherwise) that there is only so much storage allowed.

We did get Mobile Me up on the TV, though. Once. Thereafter it said I wasn't a valid Mobile Me member. My computer recognizes me, but not Apple TV.

I do love the photos on the TV, though. But I really want to be able to see ALL my photos and not just the ones on MM. If I'm wrong about the limit, please advise. This is a 10 plus megapixel DSLR camera, so the files would be pretty big.
    Thanks!