MBP and Cinema Display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by polar-blair, Sep 23, 2008.

1. polar-blair macrumors regular

Hi

Now I have lost all patience, I cant wait much longer for a new MBP to come out. if it wasn't today, its next week, then back to october 14th then what happens if it doesn't come out then, MWSF! I dont think so!

Im buying one now! If a new one does come out, I'll wait a while to see any bugs issues, and if it looks good sell the old one and get a new one if it is worth it.

But one question. I also want a cinema display, I saw the MBP comes with a DVI to VGA cable. But doesn't the cinema display come with a DVI port in the back, will I need to get a separate DVI to DVI cable?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Uh, no. Both MacBook Pro and Cinema Display have DVI out. Just plug it in.

The Cinema Displays have proprietary multicables that branch to carry power, signal, USB, and FireWire.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Exactly.

A MacBook would require an adapter, but the MBP has DVI, so it is just plug and play.

TEG

4. polar-blair thread starter macrumors regular

oh great thanks

That makes everything easy, Off to get me a new MBP :D

I like the old ones they just scream awesomeness!

5. Habusho macrumors 6502

Btw. not to ruin your plans or anything but there are pretty strong rumors of an ACD update as well. Probably will be adding HDMI connections to them.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Mmm... no. There aren't. We haven't heard anything on the display front for years. They're due, but nothing in the last few SEASONS has indicated that we'll be getting updates.

7. polar-blair thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I've heard about the HDMI thing but I don't see that a big enough excuse to wait, they I cant see it happening within a month, and the current ACD's seem great to me.