MBP and external monitor issue.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by josephcarternetwork, Jun 23, 2015.

1. josephcarternetwork macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I have a late 2014 MacBook Pro with Retina Display. I have recently opted for a large monitor to use when I do my graphic design work at home. I went with the HP Pavilion 27XI model. It's a great monitor and has incredible colors and display capabilities.

The issue I am having is that I'm hooking up from HDMI from the MacBook to the monitor. I'm not mirroring at the moment because I'm having issue adjusting the difference between the monitor specs and the Mac.

Right now I have the display set on the Mac running default for display. On the HP monitor I have it running default for display also. The issue I'm facing is that the only way I can truly get the screen to fit properly on the monitor is to scale it down. It opens up as too big to fit in screen. I have tried settings, I have tried messing with the monitor settings, macbook settings and etc. I cannot get it to fit screen and work like its supposed to.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

2. Toutou macrumors 6502a

Toutou

Sometimes a HDMI connected monitor tries to act as a TV - the resolutions available are listed as 1080p and 720p instead of 1920x1080 and 1280x720 and the video output is underscanned/overscanned and the monitor doesn't work in RGB mode and everything is blurry and ugly as hell.

Take a look here if this is what you're experiencing
    http://www.ireckon.net/2013/03/forc...ix-the-picture-quality-of-an-external-monitor