MBP and Hi-def TV

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pkagel, Jan 9, 2009.

1. pkagel macrumors regular

I'm thinking of buying a MBP and was wondering could I hook it up to my flat screen TV and use a wireless keyboard and mightymouse to control it with? It just seems like it would be a fun way to show off pics and play video games.

2. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

If the tv has a HDMI, DVI, or D-sub input then yes

3. vluong10 macrumors newbie

Like the member above said, yes you can. I actually have to use a DVI to VGA adapter because my TV only has a VGA port. You can also use a DVI to HDMI adapter if your TV has HDMI ports.

4. pkagel thread starter macrumors regular

Cool. I have a 50" 720p Now, I know it won't look as good as 1080p or one of those sweet, overpriced, 30" Apple monitors but will it be acceptable to most? Anyone have theirs hooked up this way?

5. OPsDad macrumors member

I used to do that, but not 50 inch.

I did. I still do this, but with a 1080p. But previous config was pretty much what you are talking about, and it worked beautifully.

I used as "dual monitors" in the 720p config, with the MBP as the primary. I also had the 32 inch 720 rotated 90 for editing docs, and the MPB handled it just fine. I moved just about the time I got the MBP, so I was able to change to my Sony 48 inch 1080p, which I view from about 8 feet and use wireless keyboard and mighty mouse. Love it!

6. pkagel thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, bought my Macbook today. I just put all my iTunes music on it and now I need to figure out how to get all my artwork.

7. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Were you able to use an HDMI input?