MBP and LG Voyager

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by higgz, Mar 24, 2008.

1. higgz macrumors member

higgz

Hey, I just bought a verizon wireless LG Voyager and can't seem to connect it to my MBP. Nothing is recognized by the mac... I can connect it bluetooth but nothing really can be shown up on the phone but I can browse the directories. It comes with a PC install cd but nothing for mac? When i hook it up USB nothing happens? I just want to add songs to it and possibly some ringtones.. any ideas?

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

As far as I know, LG phones (most of them if not all of them) are PC only. I would know since I have an EnV... it really sucks. Btw, putting songs on the phone with a PC will be the most painful experience of your life. Back when my PC was alive it took me an hour PER CD that I put in my phone. Sorry :(

3. higgz thread starter macrumors member

higgz

ugh what a downer ;( well i've been playing with it for quite a while now and I got it to sync bluetooth a little bit but I really have to tweak with things and can add files for ringtones but can't quite figure out how to add songs to the play list oh well... maybe my crappy old linux/xp dell still does have some sort of value haha

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

anyone found any drivers for osx on this phone?

5. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

Does the LG Voyager use Windows Mobile?
    If so, you can sync it using The Missing Sync.

http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_windowsmobile.php

If not, maybe there's something else on that site that can help you.

I have a Blackjack II (WM6 phone), and that program works alright for me. It has a few hiccups detecting occasionally, but it gets the job done.

Shame these phone makers don't have Mac support.

6. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

I have an enV2, and I'm able to put contacts, pictures, videos, and sounds from my enV2 onto my iMac.

I'm also able to put photos, music, etc on my enV2 from my iMac.

Are you sure you guys have connected it properly?

Here's a helpful guide.

http://techupdate.blogvis.com/2008/06/18/how-to-sync-your-lg-vx9100-or-env2-with-a-mac/