Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peterjeter26

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
ok so the macbook air is due to be out in 2 days ( i called a bunch of apple store and thats what they have been saying) with that apple is going to release 10.5.2 because leopard it is going to need support for the MBA. it is possible that on that same day apple will announce multi-touch gestures on the MBP and macbook trackpads. one other question for you is if apple releases the new update to the MBP will the price for the refurbished one decrease?

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
They probably want to give the Air a chance to sell before they crowd the market with new MBPs. If the Air is in stores on Jan 29, I'm expecting the new MBPs to be announced on maybe Feb 5 but probably Feb 12.

jaded-mandarin

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2008
UK
I'm pretty sure Apple already said that current MB/MBP's hardware doesn't support multi-touch, irregardless of a software update.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
You heard it here first folks! The first time in history an Apple store employee knows of a release before it is announced! :rolleyes:

digitalpencil

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Manchester, UK
I'm pretty sure Apple already said that current MB/MBP's hardware doesn't support multi-touch, irregardless of a software update.

Not sure on that one.. the old iBook's/Powerbook's were never supposed to be capable of two-fingered input but I gather that capability was included in Leopard. Wouldn't surprise me if Apple didn't release this as a software update but it equally wouldn't surprise if some aspiring young-chap brought this functionality to the current gen via a 3rd party app.

Here's to hoping! ;)

JDR

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2008
Chicago, IL
You heard it here first folks! The first time in history an Apple store employee knows of a release before it is announced! :rolleyes:

[Applauding]. Do you really think your average Joe at the local Apple Store is in with the big execs at Cupertino? ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.