Mbp And Mba Announcements !!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by peterjeter26, Jan 27, 2008.

1. peterjeter26 macrumors member

ok so the macbook air is due to be out in 2 days ( i called a bunch of apple store and thats what they have been saying) with that apple is going to release 10.5.2 because leopard it is going to need support for the MBA. it is possible that on that same day apple will announce multi-touch gestures on the MBP and macbook trackpads. one other question for you is if apple releases the new update to the MBP will the price for the refurbished one decrease?

2. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

i hope the 10.5.2 also support the MT Track Pad

please jobs Pleasee!!!

3. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

If this is true I'll be picking up one in Tokyo in two weeks.

4. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

They probably want to give the Air a chance to sell before they crowd the market with new MBPs. If the Air is in stores on Jan 29, I'm expecting the new MBPs to be announced on maybe Feb 5 but probably Feb 12.

5. digitalpencil macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

Is this part of the 5.2 update or a MBP refresh with a new tracker pad to support the new gestures? I'd love gestures on my MBP SR.

6. jaded-mandarin macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure Apple already said that current MB/MBP's hardware doesn't support multi-touch, irregardless of a software update.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You heard it here first folks! The first time in history an Apple store employee knows of a release before it is announced! :rolleyes:

8. digitalpencil macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

Not sure on that one.. the old iBook's/Powerbook's were never supposed to be capable of two-fingered input but I gather that capability was included in Leopard. Wouldn't surprise me if Apple didn't release this as a software update but it equally wouldn't surprise if some aspiring young-chap brought this functionality to the current gen via a 3rd party app.

Here's to hoping! ;)

9. JDR macrumors regular

[Applauding]. Do you really think your average Joe at the local Apple Store is in with the big execs at Cupertino? ;)

10. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

I couldn't care less about the Air but I'm waiting for 10.5.2 man I really want that to come out