Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NomadFuel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Hello,

I was wondering if there was some sort of blue print for the apple power adapters ?
I've been trying to find the exact physical dimensions for the following models :
- 85W ( MBP 15' and 17' )
- 60W ( MBP 13' )
- 45W ( MBA )
- 10W ( iPad - I'm trying my luck here )

I would like to avoid to spend for each version to get my answer. Has anyone an idea ?

Thank you in advance

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
It's a locked down specification (i.e only Apple is allowed to make devices for it, and a few select authorised 3rd parties) - you wont find that info publicly, you'll need to dig around to see if someone else has measured them.

NomadFuel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
I see. However I do not intend to make a device for it but I'm exploring the possibility of doing a container for it. Is that gonna be a problem with apple rules ?

I am calling for your goodness people ... If you own such an adapter could you please share its dimension with me :)

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Once I tried to take apart an adapter, the dang thing is glued solid. If ur gonna put something around it, bware of the need for heat dissipation.

NomadFuel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Thanks for your feedback guys.

Mrbobb> I plan to allow plenty of gaps all around, and also I'm thinking of a material that handles heat very well.

So far for those interested, I found this :

85W : 8cm x 8cm x 2.8cm
60W : 7.3cm x 7.3cm x 2.8cm
45W : ???
10W : 8.4 cm x 4.6 cm x 2.8 cm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.